First of the info from Pax is starting to trickle in. Thanks to Starseeker on the official Rift forums for these tidbits! The thread can be found here!!
- Guilds will have levels
- Guilds will have assignable ranks (leader/officer etc.)
- Guilds will have quests that they can complete as a guild. For instance the guild leader or officer can pick up a quest for the Guild to harvest bushes or kill elementals. As your guild quests normally it counts off the items for the quests.
- Guilds will have different achievements and benefits.
- Guilds will have buff flags or standards.
- Trion believes guilds should be more than glorified friends lists
Some more info from the IRC transcript, which can be found here..
- Newly announced Ice Mage class called Storm Caller!
- Confirmation on World Raid Bosses!!!
- Greenscale Blight Raid instance will contain a Dragon boss.
- Hammerknell Fortress Raid will contain 10 bosses.
- PvP Flag is a go on PvE servers
- Choloromancer (spelling?) is a healing mage.
- Tier Raid progression
- AA like System that gives buffs to resistances from high level rifts. These will be slottable.
That is it so far, I will update as new information is added. Thanks to Starseeker and Kilrathi for this bevy of information!
Edited Info @ 11:21 PM CST:
- Token System similar to WoW for Raids.
- Softcaps on Stats.
Added @ 11:29 PM CST:
- Duels are in. Similar to WoW. Duel request, flag drops, countdown, duel starts.
- Female mages had a dance animation, males did not seem to have one yet. PAXzen in IRC stated it was ” A little side to side wiggle. Nothing memorable.”
Added @ 12:57am CST
- There is a Quest Helper built into the UI
- Combat felt inline with EQ2 or WoW in terms of responsiveness.
- World Bosses are CONTESTED. PvP anyone?!?! Yeah!!!!
- Macro system is in. Kilrathi did not get to mess with it.
- Rift Raids are in.
- Dueling currently gives XP, will probably change before release.
- Devs state that there will be big expansions and small ones.
- Expansions are already in the planning phase.
- Beta this year, no closer estimate than that.
- Scott is as cool in person as he seems in the interviews. Quote from Kilrathi:
yea he knows where im coming from (IE the older hardcore players) and where the market is at
- Media has been focusing on SW:ToR and GW2 so Kilrathi has been able to talk to the Rift devs a lot.
Ok, I believe Kilrathi has fallen asleep at the keyboard. He is probably dead tired. Again, I want to thank him for all the information he got for us. I gave him a bunch of questions to ask tomorrow and as soon as he gets back to me, I will post any information here.
Thanks for visiting the blog guys!